Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 5- Rodin, Petite Palace and the Eiffel Tower

We started the day at Rodin's house (that is now a museum) and got to see one of my favorite sculptures, I think it would go loverly in our backyard...once we finish it that is.





On the advice of my uncle we headed over to the Petite Palace. Now as per usual on our vacations we have to have at least one instance where someone isn't quite sure what to do/say to Matt. I had to go find someone to let us in the wheelchair accessible entrance, and was impressed that my French was good enough for them to understand what I needed. Once inside the usher proceeded to show me how to use the lifts, and kept trying to get me to push the buttons instead of Matt. We got to see a few Monet's and there was a painter there who had his stuff all set up and was painting a copy of one of the paintings.



After a quick bite to eat we went to see the Eiffel Tower. Now there are 3 levels that you can visit on the tower. The first one you can walk up to, the second one you have to take an inclinator ( a diagonal elevator) and then the 3rd one you take an elevator from the 2nd level.






It took some franglish and hand gestures but we were finally able to purchase our tickets and get to the elevators. Being terrified of heights I opted to go to the 2nd level. We got on the inclinator and I was not aware that it stopped at the 1st level to pick people up. When it stopped I tried to convince the operator that I was supposed to get off at that level, fearing that he would take us all the way up to the top.



This is a view of the bottom of the top level from the middle level




The apartment we rented is over there somewhere



And if we kept going in this direction we'd eventually get home




No comments: