From the end of February to the middle of June we have 13 birthday's. This does not include the celebrations of Happy gottcha day ( the day we finalized wee ones adoption) ,our Anniversary ( yea for 10 years) or friends birthdays.
Whilst perusing a friends book on cakes for kids I ran across a sea monster cake. I thought to myself "We need a boy so I can make this cake!" Good thing we have a nephew who is currently in love with monsters. So I volunteered to make the sea monster cake.
I was not impressed with the way the head of the monster was decorated in the book, so I tried my hand at sculpting the cake a bit. I have watched many an Ace of Cakes episode and felt comfortable in the small amount of sculpting that I would need to do.
And so without further adu I present Nessie the sea monster
It's always fun to get all the kids together. The youngest three tend to be matches and gasoline, who is who depends on the day. They were sitting by the fireplace when inspiration struck and I thought, you know what would be funny....
1 comment:
Awesome cake! Good job!
Post a Comment