So March has been a bit crazy in our house, and it's only 1/2 way over!!
I celebrated my 30th birthday for about a week. Grandma and Grandpa took wee one over night so we could have a date. We got our fingerprints done, went to Iggy's ( I must learn what is in that yummy orange sauce) and saw Taken ( good movie, although wee one is never going anywhere when she is a teenager). A couple of days later my sister cashed in one of her Christmas presents and cooked dinner for the whole family at Bennihanas, she learned how to make the volcano and everything. That weekend we dropped wee one off again and headed to the melting pot with some friends. Soooo yummy, although I think they should offer a 4 course desert menu.
The following week the deliveries started, we had a new poofy couch delivered a few weeks before. Monday wee ones big girl bedroom set came and we said goodbye to the mermaid bed. Tuesday Matt's computer stuff started being delivered, the UPS guy was very jealous that Matt was building a new computer. Wednesday the freezer came, the delivery guy literally skipped back to the truck when I told him I wanted it in the garage and not the basement, now to start filling it.
This past weekend wee one turned 4. She has informed me that since she is 4 she can do pretty much everything on her own now, but I make the food much better then she can, so she's ok if I want to keep making the food.
Yesterday we had both families over to celebrate wee one's birthday, and since we had not been able to get together for mine and my sister in law's birthday we sang to us as well.
Every year I try my hand at a new cake, this year was flower cupcakes and a basket weave on the layer cake.
3 comments:
The cake and cupcakes look amazing. I make decorative cakes each birthday also but not near enough as good as yours. Hope the rest of you March is full of the same fun madness.
I agree with my sis, your cupcakes are incredible! How long did that take! Will you make a cake for my birthday? :)
Beautiful cupcakes! You'll have to tell me how you did that!
Post a Comment